Setting Up FastAI Fastbook on a Fresh Ubuntu Instance
This is how to set up the fastai environment on a fresh Ubuntu instance, for those of us who have a computer with a good Nvidia graphics card and Ubuntu and don’t want to use a cloud-based platform.
- Install nvidia CUDA drivers. So far, the most dependable guide that I’ve found has been this askubuntu post.
- Verify that the CUDA drivers have been installed correctly following this guide.
- Download fastbook with
git clone [email protected]:fastai/fastbook.git && cd fastbook.
- Install the latest version of python -
sudo apt update && sudo apt install python3.9 python3.9-venv python3-setuptools
- Create a virtual environment:
python3.9 -m venv env
- Activate the virtual environment:
- Install a build requisite:
pip install wheel
- Install packages:
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Launch the notebook with